Friday, March 19, 2010

Norrsken (Northern lights)

Hi everyone,

well I did upload some pictures of the northern light to my picasa web album, but did not actually post something about these on the blog...
So here we are, I was lucky to get high altitude activity on my first night here in Porjus, so against the harsh temperature far bellow zero I tried to capture the phenomena...

Unfortunately I was not so well trained, so the pictures are certainly not good enough, I hope I get some more tries in the following days...

Now before giving you the pictures, some important thing about the Aurora Borealis, I did not know until I saw it from myself... Our human eye does not permit to see much color into the sky, so we only see some white (OK, sometimes greenish) clouds up in the sky, but as soon as you take pictures with your camera, the sensibility is really high so you will notice all kind of different colors...

here we go:







I am hoping to share more trying new techniques out the next time the sky begins to dance ;)

take care

4 comments:

  1. C'est impressionnant quand meme :D
    Sinon tout ce passe bien? Pas trop froid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oui c'est impressionant, surtout quand ca commence a bouger... Tout se passe bien, il y a eut pas mal de neige ces derniers temps, donc pas super pour avoir un ciel degager le soir, par consequent pas beaucoup a voir :(
    Mais nous avons eut du soleil aujourd'hui, demain est surement un bon jour, je vais aller en montagne!

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are great Eric! And I also know what it was to see it for real :-)
    Hope you got lucky again last night! and send a litlle snow to me, 'cause I miss it already..
    Margriet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well yesterday evening we were not so lucky to catch brilliant pictures, and finally the clouds did come back and I went to bed :) Today's evening do not seem good in term of activities either, so just be patient, it is part of the game I guess...

    ReplyDelete