Monday, April 12, 2010

Lofoten

Lofoten, Lofoten, I heard quite a lot about these islands before even starting my Hurtigruten trip...

So here is my verdict: impressive!

I have to admit that all the atmosphere makes you beg for more! First we navigated through the 26 km qualified the most beautiful part of the trip, well it probably is... But we had also exceptional weather :)








Even the Hurtigruten staff is astonished from the beauty of the landscapes ;)


Then I got on this organised excursion arround the island with a bus.
So I had a better view of how people live on these islands, mainly from fishing cod (cabillaud) and making some stock fish dried on the racks...





As the weather was sunny we could also witness a magnificent sun set...







Followed by moving northern lights! In a way a perfect day ;)










It was not easy to have sharp pictures, of the Aurora Borealis, since all these pictures were taken from the Ms-Lofoten Boat while sailing :)

Now going in the direction of Bergen, 2 days left.
See you

No comments:

Post a Comment